The PRESS Online Leaders Cohort is a professional learning opportunity designed to support school leaders implement PRESS successfully. Members of this cohort will learn how to guide and evaluate PRESS implementation in their school/district. Cohort members will increase their knowledge of PRESS and how it applies in practice, and translate their understanding to support their colleagues in systems-based school improvement.
Cohort members are:
Although not required, we recommend participating with at least one colleague to enhance collaborative efforts and successful ongoing implementation in your school or district. Discounted pricing is available for school teams (see below).
As a member of the PRESS Leaders Cohort, you will receive ongoing and embedded professional learning across the school year to:
- develop further understanding of the PRESS MTSS framework and how to implement it with fidelity
- support effective professional learning to strengthen your school’s
- data-driven decision making
- tiered interventions
- staff learning and implementation
- evaluate PRESS implementation through collection and analysis of data and develop plans for continued growth and refinement
- understand how to make use of PRESScommunity.org for ongoing and embedded professional learning
- continuously reflect, deepen your understanding, and troubleshoot PRESS implementation issues in your school/district
Members will attend six, three-hour online sessions.
All online sessions will be scheduled 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Central Standard Time
August 11, 2020
October 6, 2020
December 15, 2020
January 12, 2021
February 16, 2021
May 18, 2021
Optional, one-hour online check-in meetings will also be scheduled in September, November, and April.
Additional time commitment between sessions: Collaborative work among cohort group members and readings (i.e., research articles) and site-based data collection for evaluation focus.
PRESS Leaders Cohort sessions are designed to be interactive. The sessions are structured to provide members with time for learning, reflection, planning, and problem solving with PRESS literacy specialists and other participants. Cohort members will complete assignments outside of cohort meeting dates to support their individual and collective learning with other cohort members. For example, members will evaluate one aspect of PRESS implementation at their school site using tools provided at the beginning of the cohort.
Education and Professional Experiences:
- Degree in Education
- At least 3 years of classroom teaching experience
- Prior attendance at PRESS Tier 2 Interventions & Introduction to Progress Monitoring workshop (presented by PRESS staff)
- Full or partial implementation of PRESS decision-making processes and interventions
- Ability to utilize various technologies for collaboration (video conferencing, cloud files, discussion forums, etc.).
- Participation or leadership in data analysis, intervention implementation, and/or coaching
- Master's degree in literacy, administration, or educational psychology
- K-12 Teacher of Reading license
- Experience in the role of reading/literacy specialist or literacy coach
- Training and experience using benchmark and progress monitoring assessments
- High-speed internet access
- Computer with webcam and microphone
- Note: all sessions will be recorded, including participants’ audio and video. Recordings will not be shared outside of the private online course platform.
Application Deadline: June 12, 2020
Applicants Notified via Email: June 16, 2020
Full Payment Due: July 15, 2020
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received before August 2, 2020 are eligible for an 80% refund of the full registration fee. PRESS materials will not be provided with refund. Cancellations received by September 3, 2020 are eligible for a 50% refund of registration fee. Cancellations received after September 3, 2020 will not be refunded.
$995 first registration; $795 additional registrations
Individual Registration Includes:
- Enrollment in all sessions
- PRESS implementation binder, with electronic resources also available
- PRESS Intervention Manual (Third Edition)
- Tools to guide the evaluation of PRESS in your school or district
- Individual, twelve-month premium membership to PRESScommunity.org
- Minnesota clock hours for sessions attended
- Certificate of Completion upon meeting all requirements
Register for a FREE account or log in to your current account to apply now!