Introducing our New Online, On-Demand Course
Learn PRESS Classwide (Tier 1) and Tier 2 Interventions in our new online, self-paced course!
When: Access to online modules begins October 1, 2020 and ends December 31, 2020
Where: Online, self-paced modules
Cost: $299.00 per person (includes PRESS resources, see below)
Who Should Attend: K-5 Classroom Teachers, Reading Interventionists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
Learn the PRESS reading intervention framework in our new, online professional learning sessions. Our pre-recorded, on-demand modules offer video presentations to learn the PRESS framework at your pace, including:
Classwide (Tier 1) Interventions
Learn an efficient process for data teams to analyze screening data and plan supplemental tier 1 supports for whole-class implementation. We introduce a process for examining student data and using a protocol to guide instructional decisions. Specifically, we demonstrate a classwide intervention framework for classrooms where over half of students have been identified as below grade-level on a universal screening measure. This process helps strengthen core instruction and, within a short time frame of ten days, the number of students requiring intervention can be significantly reduced.
Tier 2 Interventions & Introduction to Progress Monitoring
Determine targeted, small group interventions using the PRESS data-driven decision making process. Learn how to identify students’ intervention needs using the PRESS diagnostic tools and then select and implement specific, skill-based interventions from the PRESS Intervention Manual. Consider the components of effective interventions & implementation fidelity. An introduction to continuous progress monitoring is provided with an emphasis on decision making using ongoing, reliable data collection.
What is included?
Each registration includes:
- Five hours of recorded modules (divided into multiple video sessions) to learn PRESS on your own time and at your own pace
- Print copy of PRESS Intervention Manual, Third Edition
- One-year individual access to the PRESS Community website
- Additional activities aligned with the video modules for educators to apply their learning in their classroom and school
- Two online office hours (to be scheduled Oct-Dec 2020) are also offered to connect in real-time with PRESS staff at the University of Minnesota and receive support with implementation questions
- Minnesota teacher clock hours (CEUs) certificate upon completion of all modules
Last day to register: November 15, 2020