Upcoming Webinar Planning for BOTH Cohorts-Please add your questions

• Posted on 09/20/17 - 10:29 a.m.

Hello Iowa and Minnesota Cohort Members,

As we approach our first online learning opportunity, I would like to gather some information from you. Please respond to this post with 1 or 2 common questions that you often get from teachers. I will do my best to organize the session around some of the common questions.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you online in October.

Kathy

0 users found this helpful. Do you?

• Posted on 10/27/17 - 3:28 p.m.

I really enjoyed the PRESS cohort webinar meeting today.  Thank you, Michele, for asking the question about interventions starting right away at the beginning of the school year.  At my school, they want interventions starting as soon as possible using the spring data.  I agree with you that the spring data isn't accurate enough.  Fresh fall data should be used in determining intervention groups, in my opinion.  Our literacy coach had a great idea.  She said that while we wait for fall data to be completed, interventionists should go into classrooms and help with small groups of struggling readers.  That way, interventionists get to know a variety of different students and their ability levels without having to commit to certain intervention groups without reviewing the fresh data.  It's definitely a juggling act.  Good luck!

Michele Chapin (Premium User)
  • Posted on 11/13/17 - 1:40 p.m.

Thank you! I am going to suggest this. In the past, the interventionists have been pulled many days during the first 3 weeks of school to cover 1:1 paraprofessional positions that haven't been filled.

I like the idea of sticking to an intervention schedule but work with small groups of struggling readers instead of formal groups based on old data.

Replying as Guest