Path to Reading Excellencein School Sites
1. When do you suggest holding data meetings for progress monitoring and how often.
2. I did inventories on students that fell below benchmark. Then how long am I supposed to do each intervention that they fall into for? Example: If I have a student that falls into PA-1 and I notice that they are excelling, how do I determine if they should move on. Should I collect data for a specific period of time (like four weeks) or just use my judgement to move them along.
3. Do you have any online resources of generalized practice activities or warm-up activities that go along with the interventions.?
4. For the PA-5 intervention where did you get the picture cards from? they are different from the picture cards in the back of the PRESS manual.
5. for PA-5 the instructions refer to using the segmenting list, but then the intervention talks about picture cards. Im confused about whether or not I use the list or the picture cards.
0 users found this helpful. Do you?
Here are some answers to your questions:
1. We suggest a monthly progress monitoring data meeting. The video in the Monitor tab, "Progress Monitoring Implementation Checklist: Data Meeting" explains the process.
2. We recommend implementing the intervention until the student has mastered the skill being targeted in the intervention. A good goal would be 90% mastery in the PA and Phonics interventions. There are no cut scores or benchmarks for each skill.
3. No specific suggestions for resources for generalized practice, lots out there and many have worked well!
4. When considering materials for your interventions, you should use what you have in your classroom that would work. We provide the resources in the back of the manual as a start ot back up, but any visual cards/ photo cards, etc...will work!
5. For this intervention, you could use the cards or the segmenting list as a guide for studetns to segment words.
Thanks for these great questions! I bet they will help others as well.
Thank you very much! this helped a lot!