Fluency Passages

Posted by Amber Junk (Premium User)
  • Posted on 10/19/16 - 10:44 a.m.

What does everyone use for fluency passages for the repeated reading intervention?

0 users found this helpful. Do you?

• Posted on 10/19/16 - 12:26 p.m.

We are using Read Works, but I am anticipating we will "run out" of stories at each level.  I have looked at a few of the other websites given in the manual and I am having a hard time finding leveled text using a Lexile score. Anyone have a site I can use?

Thanks! Nicole

• Posted on 10/19/16 - 12:50 p.m.

We use books straight from our leveled book room. We have books from Pioneer Valley, Rigby, Rigby PM, Sails, Scholastic, all of which are leveled by Fountas & Pinnell.

• Posted on 10/24/16 - 10:53 a.m.
  • 1 revision
  • Last Edited 10/24/16 - 10:53 a.m.

We use Read Naturally, but as an immersion school, we take texts in Spanish at lower levels (which don't exist in Spanish through Read Naturally). To create these, I've used the following website: http://www.interventioncentral.org/teacher-resources/oral-reading-fluency-passages-generator.  This can be used for any language.

• Posted on 10/26/16 - 7:56 p.m.

I've been using easy CBM website probes.They are available cor grades K to 8. I think.

Michele Chapin (Premium User)
  • Posted on 11/14/16 - 2:09 p.m.

We use books from our Anchor Comprehension Workshop, Readworks, Newsela, and Reading A-Z. We have also used On Your Mark passages. Sometimes we find poetry or even song lyrics to use also.

This topic has been pinned on March 10, 2017, 2:45 p.m.

• Posted on 10/25/17 - 3 p.m.

I use DIBELS

• Posted on 01/19/18 - 10:20 a.m.

We've had success using Reading A to Z passages. We use the correlation chart they have to figure out which F&P levels to use and print passages at the reading level of the lower reader (P2). There are 8 passages at each level, a mix of fiction and non-fiction, and if you include the 2 benchmark passages, then you have the 10 you need for the 10-day intervention. 

This year I'm trying to use a wider variety of levels for the partnerships, so some passages are a level below, some are on level, and some are one above. I thought being exposed to a wider range of levels might prove more beneficial as students must read from a variety of contexts and levels throughout the school day - not just their independent level. 

This is my favorite PRESS intervention!

• Posted on 02/21/18 - 7:49 a.m.

Reading A-Z is our favorite.

• Posted on 02/21/18 - 8:08 a.m.

We like Reading A to Z and Six Minute Solutions. 

Replying as Guest