Upcoming Webinar Planning for BOTH Cohorts-Please add your questions

• Posted on 09/20/17 - 10:29 a.m.

Hello Iowa and Minnesota Cohort Members,

As we approach our first online learning opportunity, I would like to gather some information from you. Please respond to this post with 1 or 2 common questions that you often get from teachers. I will do my best to organize the session around some of the common questions.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you online in October.

Kathy

0 users found this helpful. Do you?

Michele Chapin (Premium User)
  • Posted on 09/20/17 - 11:20 a.m.

When will we start interventions? This is an issue every year. The teachers would like to start on the 2nd day of school using Spring data. What are other schools doing? How do I get the classroom teachers to be patient, get to know their students and use fresh data or should we start the year with groups right away?

• Posted on 09/20/17 - 11:50 a.m.

When can we start interventions is a common one in our school too. 

Amy Thacher (Premium User)
  • Posted on 09/20/17 - 12:44 p.m.

What if I have kids that need multiple interventions.  How do I make time to ensure that I am getting all the of interventions completed with those who need it given the amount of time the interventions take.  Especially for the 2nd-5th grade students that have interventions that take 20-30 minutes??? 

• Posted on 09/21/17 - 11:40 a.m.

When can we start interventions is common and also wanting to change interventions too quickly rather than giving the intervention enough time to work.

• Posted on 09/21/17 - 12:21 p.m.

We have questions on how to organize and find time for class-wide intervention without it feeling like we are adding one more thing!

• Posted on 09/22/17 - 1:35 p.m.

Does anyone have a teacher friendly Google spreadsheet template to collect all the data in so all teachers in a grade level can see, sort, and analyze the data?   

• Posted on 09/23/17 - 2:33 p.m.

We have questions about students and fluency when a student maybe meeting the comprehension targets on MAPS or FAST BRIDGE assessments but are not meeting targets in fluency? 

• Posted on 09/24/17 - 11:07 a.m.

We have a new reading series this year called Journeys. Are you familiar? Journeys has thorough screening and diagnostic assessments along with Tier 2 and 3 interventions. Which assessment tools are best to use, Journeys or PRESS? When is it best to use PRESS interventions rather than the reading series interventions?  Are there key factors to consider when considering screening and diagnostic assessments and interventions? I do like PRESS because it is specific and quick. I should also mention that our school would be classified as a "beginner" school with PRESS. I am trying to ease PRESS into our school as effectively as I can without them knowing it. LOL We have a lot to learn with the new reading series.

• Posted on 09/24/17 - 12:36 p.m.

Hello again! I forgot to mention in my last post that I am a Title One Reading Teacher for K-3 but a PRESS Coach for K-6.  I forgot to ask how your Title teachers use PRESS?

• Posted on 09/25/17 - 6:31 a.m.

I am going to get a classwide intervention going in 3rd grade and am wondering if you could address classwide interventions in fluency and with phonics.  I am also wondering about the comprehension intervention of reciprocal teaching.  

Replying as Guest